Any reason why this test can't be pass please help

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

var myStr = "I am a\"double quoted\"string inside\"double quotes\"."; // Change this line

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 8.1.0; itel A16 Plus) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.110 Mobile Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Escaping Literal Quotes in Strings

Link to the challenge:

1 Like

Your spacing is a bit off. Check your results in the console and see where it differs from what the challenge wants.

1 Like

Why this message can I know why the message

1 Like

Hi @ychris. Sorry the message I wrote was wrong. That’s why I deleted it.

1 Like

I checked but seriously I can’t find the exact place to fix that.is it the space between quote or word space???

The challenge wants this:

Variable myStr should contain the string: I am a "double quoted" string inside "double quotes".

When I copy your code from above into the challenge, I get this:

myStr = "I am a"double quoted"string inside"double quotes"."

Can you see how the two differ?

1 Like

Yes I have some time common errors are hard to fixed please how can I fix that simple example is good enough

it should be a "double, your code is a"double, so add a space to make them the same

same thing for the rest of the string

1 Like

Please the error persist this is it “I am a //space “double quoted//no space “string inside //space “double qoutes” .” That is those that holds quotes (””) are not space at the end unlike ones without quotes still can’t pass it more help

what’s your current code?

When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

1 Like

Thanks I have passed the test