Apply Functional Programming to Convert Strings to URL Slugs (Failing last two tests)

Tell us what’s happening:
Hi campers, can someone please tell me why I’m failing the last two tests? When I manually test the last two strings with my code they work perfectly, but when I’m still failing the tests.

Your code so far

// the global variable
var globalTitle = "Winter Is Coming";

// Add your code below this line
function urlSlug(title) {
  let arr = globalTitle.split(' ');
  const lowcaseArr = arr.map((item) => {
    let lowcase = item.charAt(0).toLowerCase() + item.slice(1);
    return lowcase;
  });
  return lowcaseArr.join('-');
}
// Add your code above this line

var winterComing = urlSlug(globalTitle); // Should be "winter-is-coming"
console.log(winterComing);

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.99 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/functional-programming/apply-functional-programming-to-convert-strings-to-url-slugs

When I use the strings of the last two tests as the global title, I get a-mind-needs-books-like-a-sword-needs-a-whetstone, and hold-the-door respectively. Which seems to be the right response.

To be honest I don’t know why I did that either. I’ve changed globalTitle.split(’ ‘) to title.split(’ '), and now it passes all the tests apart from the fourth one. I’ll try to solve that on my own. Thanks for the prompt reply.

1 Like

I was able to make it work using:

I’ll try to refactor the code later but for now its working.

I’ve just blurred it to avoid spoilers.

you have to click it and then wait a bit (not sure why it takes a few beats to clear up )
i tried multiple clicks to be honest too … in the end it cleared up