Aria from 3 given coordinates. HELP

Hey

I am tryin to learn C#. I have this problem.

I have 3 sets of coordinates “DOUBLE” like this 1.5000 and 1.5000 . So its a triangle. I need to make it calculate the minimumAREA of it . i know the math of it , like the area is the hight * the base divided by 2. but I cannot find one piece of example to learn from. this is a console app. project NOT with drawing.

Can someone pls help - give me some light pls.
thank you

not sure if this helps but if you are working with coordinates you might have to use the pythagorean theorem to find the length of each side then you can use the sides to find the area… maybe this points you in the right direction … hopefully
also if the triangle isnt right you might need Area = ½ ab sin C .

looking at my answer now it seems pretty unclear

the key to finding the distance between two points is to use the pythagorean theorem by making the line between the two points the hypotenuse(C) and the other two lines(A)and(B) the difference(or delta value) in X(for A) and the difference in Y(for B) for example you have two points 3,5 and 7,8 the difference in x would be 7 - 3 = 4 this is the length of the base of the triangle and the difference in y would be 8 - 5 = 3 this is the length of your vertical line in the right triangle now you can find the distance between 3,5 and 7,8 which is the square root of 4 squared plus 3 squared 16 + 9 = 25 so the length of the line between 3,5 and 7,8 is 5

you can repeat this to find the lengths of all the sides, if your triangle isnt a right triangle you will have to find the height or use Area = ½ ab sin C .

i like this even if he has not come back i’m definitely adding it to my notes
THX

Thank you all for your answers. BLOSSOM wins the big prize.

Usefull that “distance” method.

Please don’t write code for people. That’s not what this forum is for

So this forum “freeCODEcamp” is NOT to write code . For your input, Sir, I did resolve code myself a week ago, but I didn’t know the Aria formula for any triangle( I considered only right angle triangle). And I did it without the distance method.
You know we the “learning ones” lack the clear example, because we lack clear explications. So we learn mostly from trial and error, not from the so called selfConsidered teachers.
Come on, you must be a very capable person, I am sure you can resolve this logic:
Make a program that displays for the user a hybrid between a hipopotamus and a Critter.
p.s you MUST use the lenght method to determine the first half from both theyr “genome”.

I can write such a function, but I’m not allowed to write such a function for you. I can help you in your efforts to write the code though.

What have you tried so far? Where did get stuck?

This is freeCode(Learning)Camp, not freeCode(Copying)Camp :slight_smile: