Back End Development and APIs Projects - Exercise Tracker

Tell us what’s happening:
TLDR: What am i doing wrong? not asking for answer, just direction

I have been working tirelessly on FCC’s backend project: Ex tracker. I’ve been going through this specific project to fail for the past 3 weeks, move on to the next and complete the other projects. I figured I would be able to find some work around or fix as coming back usually helps. not one to ask for help either as I like to learn. please help peer review what could be going wrong.

I’ve have checked dev tools to review server Res, Get responses to no avail of what could be failing my tests as well as full comparison with their test site. I have to be missing something. failing the bottom 10-15 tests, however I complete one; it should complete all.

everything looks correct to me

Your project link(s)

solution: Glitch :・゚✧

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 14816.131.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Back End Development and APIs Projects - Exercise Tracker

Link to the challenge:

Hi

I remixed your project on Glitch, and ran the tests.

Looking at the console, I saw the following console log message for some of the new exercises that were being added:
failed saving new exercise

Once I added code to handle the condition that was causing those log messages, your code passed all the tests.

(You might want to log the value of req.body.date in your users/:_id/exercises endpoint.)

I hope that helps.

1 Like

would aggregating my database be down the right line of syncing up my collections to a singular ‘user object’?

im still having some troubles

You’ve lost me there, I’m afraid.

The problem I saw was related to date handling.
Specifically, your code didn’t seem to be handling the case where an exercise was added but no date was supplied.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.