Basic CSS 2: Attach a Fallback value to a CSS Variable

The fallback value of black should be used in the background property of the penguin-top class.

The fallback value of black should be used in background property of the penguin-bottom class.

.penguin-top {
    top: 10%;
    left: 25%;

/* Change code below this line */
    background: var(--penguin-skin, black);
    /* Change code above this line */

width: 50%;
    height: 45%;
    border-radius: 70% 70% 60% 60%;
  }

.penguin-bottom {
    top: 40%;
    left: 23.5%;

/* Change code below this line */
    background: var(--penguin-skin, black);
    /* Change code above this line */

Typos? not!

“Pretty sure I am doing this right but It’s not passing one of the tests although it does apply fallback color black on .penguin-top.”
Ditto.

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

Note: Backticks are not single quotes.

markdown_Forums

when you ask for help please use the “Ask for help” button so that your code is included correctly formatted, and a link to the challenge is also included. Or please, format your code and include the link to the challenge yourself.

For your challenge, have you maybe corrected typos in the starting code?

Hello. Thanks for responding. I had to reset code and start over. got through it. I find that that works.