Basic JavaScript - Record Collection

Tell us what’s happening:
literally no idea! I feel like the lessons are not giving you enough time to practise and understand so by the time you get to the super hard one’s I havent got a clue what anything means!

HELP!

**Your code so far**
// Setup
const recordCollection = {
2548: {
  albumTitle: 'Slippery When Wet',
  artist: 'Bon Jovi',
  tracks: ['Let It Rock', 'You Give Love a Bad Name']
},
2468: {
  albumTitle: '1999',
  artist: 'Prince',
  tracks: ['1999', 'Little Red Corvette']
},
1245: {
  artist: 'Robert Palmer',
  tracks: []
},
5439: {
  albumTitle: 'ABBA Gold'
}
};

// Only change code below this line
function updateRecords(records, id, prop, value) {
return records;
}

updateRecords(recordCollection, 5439, 'artist', 'ABBA');
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/104.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Basic JavaScript - Record Collection

Link to the challenge:

That’s unfortunate, but in order to help you we need to receive more specific questions.

What parts of the task/setup are confusing?

Idk what kind of problem you ran into, but I’m stuck on the same task except I found out the solution…
so I’ve done the tests manually and I’ve gotten the results they asked for, but when I press the “Run the tests” it gives an error on some of them…

If you have issues with this task, you can create thread about it and post your questions and your code there

One of the things the exercising is asking is If prop isn't tracks and value isn't an empty string, update or set that album's prop to value. Does this remind you of anything?

yeah I was stuck at it for a minute too, but its really simple if can find how to turn what you said into code.
here’s what I used:

if(prop !== "tracks" && value !== ""){
   return prop = value;
  }

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.