Basic JavaScript - Replace Loops using Recursion

Tell us what’s happening:
The Question: Write a recursive function, sum(arr, n), that returns the sum of the first n elements of an array arr.
How are we meant to discern what n represents from this question? I cannot see any indication of what n is meant to represent, index? Is this question just poorly written, or dose, first n elements, have a specific meaning? I don’t want to be just told what it means, I want to know how to discern what it means from this question.
n represents number of elements.

Your code so far

function sum(arr, n) {
  // Only change code below this line
  if (n <= o) {
    return 0;
  }
  else {
    return num(n + arr[])
  }
  // Only change code above this line
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/107.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 Edg/107.0.1418.62

Challenge: Basic JavaScript - Replace Loops using Recursion

Link to the challenge:

Yes, it means the first n elements in the array passed into the function. So if you called this function as:

sum([1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10], 5);

Then n would be 5 and that would mean to only sum the first five elements in the array, which would be 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5.

I get it, the first n elements, once an argument is passed is, the first 5 elements. (Using your example). Taking more notice of the arguments from now on will help me decode what the parameters stand for.
Thank you.