Basic JavaScript: Word Blanks I do not understand

I have done everything it has told me to do. I do not understand why I have 3 out of 4. Please help thank you

var myNoun = "dog";

var myAdjective = "big";

var myVerb = "ran";

var myAdverb = "quickly";

// Only change code below this line

var wordBlanks = "The"+myAdjective+""+myNoun+""+myVerb+""+myAdverb+"."; // Change this line

// Only change code above this line

wordBlanks should be a string.
Passed
You should not change the values assigned to myNoun, myVerb, myAdjective or myAdverb.
Passed
You should not directly use the values “dog”, “ran”, “big”, or “quickly” to create wordBlanks.
*This one I have a prob with *
wordBlanks should contain all of the words assigned to the variables myNoun, myVerb, myAdjective and myAdverb separated by non-word characters (and any additional words in your madlib).

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

1 Like

It looks like you’re missing a lot of spaces.

@TruGypsy,

var myNoun = "dog";

var myAdjective = "big";

var myVerb = "ran";

var myAdverb = "quickly";

// Only change code below this line

var wordBlanks = "The"+myAdjective+""+myNoun+""+myVerb+""+myAdverb+"."; // Change this line

// Only change code above this line
//use console.log to see the output in chrome dev tool or Repl.it. Don't add the code below in your challenge. 
console.log(wordBlanks); //output: Thebigdogranquickly.

You missed the space after each word. For example, “The” should be "The ".

1 Like

… or a space inbetween each directly adjacent double quote ("" -> " ")

Thank you so much for your help. I did need to space it