Basic JavaScript - Word Blanks

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
I have done EXACTLY what the instructions have told me to do. I have read other peoples answers to the problem, but it seems as though we are all working with different iterations of the question. Since starting the JavaScript tutorials it feels like many of the questions leave out a lot of information. Thank you for the help and any further clarity or tips about making it through these questions.

Your code so far

const myNoun = "dog";
const myAdjective = "big";
const myVerb = "ran";
const myAdverb = "quickly";

// Only change code below this line
const wordBlanks = "The" + "myAdjective" + "old" + "myNoun" + "really" + "myVerb" + "too" + "myAdverb" + "."; // Change this line
// Only change code above this line

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Basic JavaScript - Word Blanks

Link to the challenge:

You need to use the variables myNoun, myAdjective, myVerb and myAdverb, not “strings” with those names.

2 Likes

Do you mean actually use the words “dog”, “big”, etc…? That throws an error telling me not to use the words.

No use the variables. And if you know how to use a console.log i would suggest using it on wordBlanks and see if you can find anything odd about the sentence you have made.

1 Like

You have only two errors;

1. Don’t use variables as strings;

Adjective :heavy_check_mark: “Adjective” :heavy_multiplication_x:

1. punctuation / spaces

Concatenation does not add spaces between concatenated strings, so you’ll need to add them yourself. eg_____+ " "______ + or "happy " +__________

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.