Be sure to delete all trailing comment tags, i.e. --> Which and What are the trailing comment tags and How do i delete all trailing comment tags?

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

<!--
<-- <h1>Hello World</h1> -->
<h1>Hello World</h1>

<!-- <h2>CatPhotoApp</h2> -->
<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<!-- <p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p> -->
<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
-->

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.142 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/uncomment-html

The opening comment tags are <!-- and the trailing are -->. Looking at the linked exercise and your code, you seem to have picked up some extra comments. The video on that exercise shows exactly what to do if you are still confused.

1 Like

Thanks for contributing but the challenge says I have gotten 3 of the challenge but I cant still figure out the way to delete the trailing comment tags even after watching the videos

Capture
How do I solve and get the fouth challenge?

You can see under Run the test There is a tab called watch a video . if you click on that the video will be played on that it is explained how to solve challenge. it is really useful. Personal experience

1 Like

My best advice is to hit reset all code. Then all you need to do is remove the opening tag in line 1 and the trailing tag in line 7.

1 Like

Thank you @scmcodes @Eldhose

1 Like

1 Like

in html we can write our commants.

if you write anything inside this tag, it will not be visible to user.

I am eldhose This statement will not be visible. You reset your code and just

remove this from bottom the code
1 Like

I have solved the challenge by resetting and removing the opening of the comment tag at line 1 <!-- and the trailing tag in line 7 as advice by @scmcodes and I have gotten the challenge, thanks to everyone for the support on my new journey as a newbie

I have tried that but is not obvious to me!!