Blue Print for Career Switching

Hello guys, I am a Materials Engineer, but I desire to switch to the world of IT, any advice and learning path? I’ve no programming or coding background. What is the way forward guys? I am 1000% willing to put in the work and do all it takes to excel in this exciting world. :star_struck:

The whole fCC curriculum is waiting for you, my friend. Start at the beginning with Responsive Web Design if you want to take on web development. If you’re more into back-end, start with Scientific Computing with Python.

The blueprint will develop as you progress. Spend more time learning than researching what to learn. HTML, CSS and Javascript are all a must for web dev.

Happy coding, and don’t forget to have fun along the way!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

I placed your post in the career advice chat where it is a better fit.

You would first have to decide which IT-field is for you: Software development, or are you into operations (also includes cyber security) on premise and in the cloud.

There are a lot of paths to choose.

I can give you some tips for the latter if you like.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m grateful

1 Like

I’m loving the learning pathway…and drawn more to software development. my goal is to be a devops engineer one day. Hope i’m on the right tract?

For DevOps you can start from either end: Software development or operations (like sysadmin), you will need to be proficient in both.

If you prefer software, start from there as a full stack dev and add DevOps training once you have gained experience and confidence.

One way (that’s my path) to learn DevOps is to become first an Azure Cloud Admin (AZ-104) and then Azure DevOps (AZ-400). AWS has similar paths, you can’t go wrong with either.

Best of luck for your career!