Bootstrap 5 accordion in react.js

Hello everyone :)) … I running into a problem ! I was using bootstrap accordion in my react.js project … but its not working the same, I was expecting.
Already linked bootstrap cdns in index.html file and also install the bootstrap dependency but still not working.

We need way more information. I’m not sure how we are supposed to help you with what you have provided. At the very least, we need code (GitHub repo) or a working example (e.g. on Codesandbox).

I would suggest you install your dependencies using npm when doing React when at all possible.

Did you link to the JS file that Bootstrap needs for the accordion?

<script src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/bootstrap@5.1.3/dist/js/bootstrap.bundle.min.js" integrity="sha384-ka7Sk0Gln4gmtz2MlQnikT1wXgYsOg+OMhuP+IlRH9sENBO0LRn5q+8nbTov4+1p" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>
1 Like

Yes I have Linked this script tag into my index.html file … but still not working

index.html

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8" />
    <link rel="icon" href="%PUBLIC_URL%/favicon.ico" />
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1" />
    <meta name="theme-color" content="#000000" />
    <meta
      name="description"
      content="Web site created using create-react-app"
    />
     <!-- Favicons -->
  <link href="assets/img/favicon.png" rel="icon">
  <link href="assets/img/apple-touch-icon.png" rel="apple-touch-icon">
  <link href="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/bootstrap@5.1.3/dist/css/bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet" integrity="sha384-1BmE4kWBq78iYhFldvKuhfTAU6auU8tT94WrHftjDbrCEXSU1oBoqyl2QvZ6jIW3" crossorigin="anonymous">

<!-- Google Fonts -->
  <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:300,300i,400,400i,600,600i,700,700i|Raleway:300,300i,400,400i,500,500i,600,600i,700,700i|Poppins:300,300i,400,400i,500,500i,600,600i,700,700i" rel="stylesheet">

<!-- Vendor CSS Files -->
  <link href="assets/vendor/fontawesome-free/css/all.min.css" rel="stylesheet">
  <link href="assets/vendor/animate.css/animate.min.css" rel="stylesheet">
  <link href="assets/vendor/bootstrap/css/bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet">
  <link href="assets/vendor/bootstrap-icons/bootstrap-icons.css" rel="stylesheet">
  <link href="assets/vendor/boxicons/css/boxicons.min.css" rel="stylesheet">
  <link href="assets/vendor/glightbox/css/glightbox.min.css" rel="stylesheet">
  <link href="assets/vendor/remixicon/remixicon.css" rel="stylesheet">
  <link href="assets/vendor/swiper/swiper-bundle.min.css" rel="stylesheet">
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/@fortawesome/fontawesome-free@5.15.4/css/fontawesome.min.css" integrity="sha384-jLKHWM3JRmfMU0A5x5AkjWkw/EYfGUAGagvnfryNV3F9VqM98XiIH7VBGVoxVSc7" crossorigin="anonymous">

<!-- Template Main CSS File -->
  <link href="assets/css/style.css" rel="stylesheet">

<title>Infinity</title>
  </head>
  <body>
    <noscript>You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.</noscript>
    <div id="root"></div>
    <!--
      This HTML file is a template.
      If you open it directly in the browser, you will see an empty page.

You can add webfonts, meta tags, or analytics to this file.
      The build step will place the bundled scripts into the <body> tag.

To begin the development, run `npm start` or `yarn start`.
      To create a production bundle, use `npm run build` or `yarn build`.
    -->

<!-- Vendor JS Files -->
  <script src="assets/vendor/purecounter/purecounter.js"></script>
  <script src="assets/vendor/bootstrap/js/bootstrap.bundle.min.js"></script>
  <script src="assets/vendor/glightbox/js/glightbox.min.js"></script>
  <script src="assets/vendor/swiper/swiper-bundle.min.js"></script>
  <script src="assets/vendor/php-email-form/validate.js"></script>
  <script src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/bootstrap@5.1.3/dist/js/bootstrap.bundle.min.js" integrity="sha384-ka7Sk0Gln4gmtz2MlQnikT1wXgYsOg+OMhuP+IlRH9sENBO0LRn5q+8nbTov4+1p" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>
 <script type='text/javascript' src='https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/popper.js@1.16.0/dist/umd/popper.min.js'></script>
 <script type='text/javascript' src='https://stackpath.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/5.0.0-alpha1/js/bootstrap.min.js'></script>
  <!-- Template Main JS File -->
  <script src="assets/js/main.js"></script>
  </body>
</html>

accordion bootstrap version;

<section id="doctors" className="doctors">
  <div className="container">
    <div className="section-title">
      <h2 style={{color:colorScheme.black}}>Frequently Asked Questions About Our Essay Writing Service</h2>
    </div>
    <div class="accordion" id="accordionPanelsStayOpenExample">
  <div class="accordion-item">
    <h2 class="accordion-header" id="panelsStayOpen-headingOne">
      <button class="accordion-button" type="button" data-bs-toggle="collapse" data-bs-target="#panelsStayOpen-collapseOne" aria-expanded="true" aria-controls="panelsStayOpen-collapseOne">
        Accordion Item #1
      </button>
    </h2>
    <div id="panelsStayOpen-collapseOne" class="accordion-collapse collapse show" aria-labelledby="panelsStayOpen-headingOne">
      <div class="accordion-body">
        <strong>This is the first item's accordion body.</strong> It is shown by default, until the collapse plugin adds the appropriate classes that we use to style each element. These classes control the overall appearance, as well as the showing and hiding via CSS transitions. You can modify any of this with custom CSS or overriding our default variables. It's also worth noting that just about any HTML can go within the <code>.accordion-body</code>, though the transition does limit overflow.
      </div>
    </div>
  </div>
    <h2 class="accordion-header" id="panelsStayOpen-headingTwo">
      <button class="accordion-button collapsed" type="button" data-bs-toggle="collapse" data-bs-target="#panelsStayOpen-collapseTwo" aria-expanded="false" aria-controls="panelsStayOpen-collapseTwo">
        Accordion Item #2
      </button>
    </h2>
    <div id="panelsStayOpen-collapseTwo" class="accordion-collapse collapse" aria-labelledby="panelsStayOpen-headingTwo">
        <strong>This is the second item's accordion body.</strong> It is hidden by default, until the collapse plugin adds the appropriate classes that we use to style each element. These classes control the overall appearance, as well as the showing and hiding via CSS transitions. You can modify any of this with custom CSS or overriding our default variables. It's also worth noting that just about any HTML can go within the <code>.accordion-body</code>, though the transition does limit overflow.
      </div>
    </div>
  </div>
    <h2 class="accordion-header" id="panelsStayOpen-headingThree">
      <button class="accordion-button collapsed" type="button" data-bs-toggle="collapse" data-bs-target="#panelsStayOpen-collapseThree" aria-expanded="false" aria-controls="panelsStayOpen-collapseThree">
        Accordion Item #3
      </button>
    </h2>
    <div id="panelsStayOpen-collapseThree" class="accordion-collapse collapse" aria-labelledby="panelsStayOpen-headingThree">
        <strong>This is the third item's accordion body.</strong> It is hidden by default, until the collapse plugin adds the appropriate classes that we use to style each element. These classes control the overall appearance, as well as the showing and hiding via CSS transitions. You can modify any of this with custom CSS or overriding our default variables. It's also worth noting that just about any HTML can go within the <code>.accordion-body</code>, though the transition does limit overflow.
      </div>
    </div>
  </div>
</div>

</div>
</section>

Not sure why you have multiple versions of Bootstrap. The latest version 5.1.3 only has one JS file. Use that one (the one I linked to) and remove all the others.

It definitely works with the CDN links for me.

I assume you are using create-react-app?

I might also suggest using a React component library like react-bootstrap instead.

I’m also using a bootstrap made template … that’s why more cdns are linked in the index.html file

Not sure what happens if you mix versions. It might not work.

Please provide your full code using GitHub or CodeSandbox.

I tried your code locally and it works with the Bootstrap JS I linked to.

What Bootstrap version is this file?

<script src="assets/vendor/bootstrap/js/bootstrap.bundle.min.js"></script>

The other Bootstrap alpha v5 files you should be able to remove and just use the latest v5. You can also remove popper, that is unless the version I asked about above isn’t v5 in which case I don’t think it will work. Pretty sure you will run into issues mixing Bootstrap versions (both in the CSS and JS).

The different scripts that I’m using are from another bootstrap template project that I’m using in my project …
and the pooper scripts are for carousel slider … if I remove any of these scripts… things stop working :((

I identify the problem problem bro … :)))
problem is in the scripts …

thank you so much <3

1 Like

I doubt mixing Bootstrap versions is a good idea. I would be surprised if it didn’t break something. Find a template that uses V5, or stay with V4 and use its features.

You can likely create a decent accordion just using details and summary. I know Pico.css has some styles for it and I think if you just load it before Bootstrap they won’t clash too much as it uses type selectors.

Example
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://unpkg.com/@picocss/pico@latest/css/pico.min.css">

<link href="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/bootstrap@5.1.3/dist/css/bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet" integrity="sha384-1BmE4kWBq78iYhFldvKuhfTAU6auU8tT94WrHftjDbrCEXSU1oBoqyl2QvZ6jIW3" crossorigin="anonymous">

<article class="container">
  <details open>
    <summary>Collapsible elements 1</summary>
    <p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque urna diam, tincidunt nec porta sed, auctor id velit. Etiam venenatis nisl ut orci consequat, vitae tempus quam commodo. Nulla non mauris ipsum. Aliquam eu posuere orci. Nulla convallis lectus rutrum quam hendrerit, in facilisis elit sollicitudin. Mauris pulvinar pulvinar mi, dictum tristique elit auctor quis. Maecenas ac ipsum ultrices, porta turpis sit amet, congue turpis.</p>
  </details>
  <details>
    <summary>Collapsible elements 2</summary>
    <ul>
      <li>Vestibulum id elit quis massa interdum sodales.</li>
      <li>Nunc quis eros vel odio pretium tincidunt nec quis neque.</li>
      <li>Quisque sed eros non eros ornare elementum.</li>
      <li>Cras sed libero aliquet, porta dolor quis, dapibus ipsum.</li>
    </ul>
  </details>
</article>
1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion man !!! :))

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.