I am confused about this assignment question, please guide me.
In this assignment, students are required to create a small program that is able to read in any inputs from the text files provided and perform operations using the texts as described.
- A set of figures (profiles_figures.txt) which record profiles of employees of a company
The structure of the record is arranged based on attributes such as employee ID, date of birth, height, weight, years of working in the company, basic salary and also allowances.
- A set of strings (profiles_words.txt) which record profiles of employees of a company
The structure of the record is arranged based on attributes such as employee name, country, designation, gender and level of education.
In this program, each of the members is responsible of three modules:
Member Modules Description
1 Add User is able to add new details of an employee.
Select User is able to read the information of the employees selected from any attributes. E.g., if user keys in ‘i’ or ‘mi’ under name attribute, the outputs must be able to display the information of all employees which his/her name (e.g., ‘Suhaimi’, ‘Smith’, ‘Philip’, ……) contains ‘i’ or ‘mi’ in any position.
Standard Deviation User is able to select any attributes (height, weight, ……) of all employees to calculate the standard deviation.
2 Delete User is able to delete the selected employee.
AdvanceSearch User is able to search and display the details of selected employees using different combination of attributes to further filter the search results. E.g. if he/she selects 3 attributes with the combination of name, employee ID and height, the search results will be refined based on these attributes. He/she can select more than or less than 3 attributes in the new search.
Average User is able to select any attributes (height, weight, ……) of all employees to calculate the average.
Students are required to complete their assignment as below:
- This is a menu-driven program; create a menu selection for the user to select the modules.
- Each module is represented with a function.
- All the modules must be able to perform operations with the two types of inputs.
- The functions are limited to necessary operation. COUTs and FUNCTION CALLs are only allowed in the MAIN function.
- Each member must involve functions with RETURN TYPE and REFERENCE PARAMETER for their own modules.