Can anybody tell me what these two codes are doing?

CSS - body {
  background-color: #000000;
  text-align: center;
}

button {
  width: 200px;
  height: 50px;
}

JS - function hello() {
    alert("Hello!");
}

JS:

function hello() {
alert(“Hello!”);
}

if you call hello() function you will see an alert message like:

CSS:

body {
background-color: #000000;
text-align: center;
}

this CSS code will set the background color to <body> ... </body> tag to be equal to #000000 (which is black) and the text inside it will be aligned to center.

Example:

button {
width: 200px;
height: 50px;
}

the last snippet set the height and width properties to the <button> ... </button> elements on the page.

Example:

@ohubba21

You can use any online editor to check it on your own.

One of such editors is https://jsbin.com/

Good luck.

Thanks so much! Once I actually sat down and looked at it, I understood what I was doing!

Thanks so much! Once I actually sat down and looked at it, I understood what I was doing!

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make easier to read.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

Note: Backticks are not single quotes.

markdown_Forums

Hey! Quick question, my Python code doesn’t print anything, even though I have programmed it to print. Anything that I print doesn’t show up, it just shows a blank terminal. I tried to add configurations to the program, but still nothing shows up. Any suggestions?

There’s no way to know without seeing the code. Why don’t you go ahead and create a topic in the Python subforum.