Cannot pass step 4 for HTML Forms

Hi! I’m having some trouble in passing step 4 in “Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form” in the New Responsive web design section.

Here is what am I required to do:

Add a title element to the head , and give your project a title of Registration Form . Also, nest a self-closing link element in the head element. Give it a rel attribute value of stylesheet , a type attribute value of text/css , and an href attribute value of styles.css .

For some reason I cannot pass this step, maybe it’s a bug? What’s wrong?
I get the following message:

Test

Sorry, your code does not pass. Keep trying.

Hint

Your link element should be a self-closing element.

Thanks in advance!

**And here's my code**

<head>
    <title>Registration Form</title> 
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="styles.css"> 
  </head>
  <body>
  </body>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:100.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/100.0

Challenge: Step 4

Link to the challenge:

Though it is not needed in your code, some of the lessons in the new course work require a slash at the end of self closing tags. For example:

<link attributes/>
                ^

It’s my understanding, based on another post I read, that this was not intended and there’s a fix being worked on for it. In the meantime though, your code looks correct, so I would try adding the slash. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It solved my issue!
Thank you very much for your answer! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi ! How did you solve it? I’m stuck just like you and cannot understand whats wrong
Thanks !

Have a look to the answer given by 8-bitgaming.

try to add a slah at the end of the tag

<link attributes/>

I’m not sure where to put the slash? This didn’t work for me…

Registration Form

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.