Can't get my tribute page past checks

I’ve been working on my tribute page but I have not been able to get my website past check 5 or 1 in the layout section, I feel like I’ve tried everything but can get past this please help

here is my website:

and yes I did do almost the exact same as the example but didn’t realise you could do someone else until it was too late

Hi, have passed this challenge already? :slight_smile:

no, I haven’t passed this challenge yet

Welcome to the forums @mmcgillvrey3756.
When a test fails you can click on the red button to see what the test was looking for and text on how to correct it.

Side notes;

1. Review the alt attribute. Can it have an id?
  2. Review the lesson on making a responsive image
  3. Don’t try and replicate the example projects. They are just samples showing one way the project can be done. The project say, “functionally similar” and “give it your own style”.
  4. Don’t use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
1 Like

thx I have reviewed that responsive image lesson and I believe I have applied everything in it and I still am failing the test, I don’t think I missed anything because my image is responsive

click this and run tests Capture

when you click on those three horizontal lines to run your tests. also click on Test 1/12 and you will see a pop window that shows you what and what you did wrong. then correct yourself.

Hi, you can view your errors upon clicking this :slight_smile: Thanks!

hmm

i have found out your major problem. go to that drop down which indicates Personal Portfolio and change it to Tribute Page. with that, you have solve the problem

Use this
https://codepen.io/Nzemade/pen/yLOQGOV?editors=1100
I have solved it

Good job on solving it @nzemade.c but you really need to take another look at your code.

As mentioned, codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML.

• You have elements out of order. You should clean them up.
  • You can review this for an understanding of the HTML boilerplate tags
  • You should also consider running your HTML code through the W3C validator.
1 Like

thanks for the help but could you tell me what you did to fix it? I can’t find how you fixed the problem with img-caption.

I only embedded the img and img-caption within same div. I removed the section elements. :point_up_2: I also made the image responsive by changing the .image class display to block instead of flex :point_down:.

Thanks Roma for notifying me. I only wanted to help our friend by dealing with the major issue. After all we all here to help one another. Thanks.