A few questions:

• Step 42 of which lesson?
  • What’s your code?

It would also be good if you could provide a link to the challenge

thanks. I’ve gotten a solution

1 Like

I am also having trouble with this step on Cat photo app

Step 42

Even though you added your button below the text input, they appear next to each other on the page. That’s because both input and button elements are inline elements, which don’t appear on new lines.

You learned previously that the button submits the form by default, but you can explicitly add the type attribute with the value submit to make it clearer. Go ahead and do this to specify where this button should submit the form.

My code:

<button> type="submit"</button>
1 Like

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

Your type="submit should be inside the opening <button>.

4 Likes

Thank you for the help!

3 Likes

What i did was:
<Button

Type=“Submit”>

< /Button>

as you see above the first element opening of <Button

and type Attribute=“Submit”>.
Space to allow code to show.

2 Likes

its not working
:thinking:

1 Like

ikr !!!same mahn here

1 Like

Hey!

this link below might be able to help you out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello guys, Just found the answer.
Just add the “Value” “Submit”

Step 42

Even though you added your button below the text input, they appear next to each other on the page. That’s because both input and button elements are inline elements, which don’t appear on new lines.

The button you added will submit the form by default. However, relying on default behavior may cause confusion. Add the type attribute with the value submit to the button to make it clear that it is a submit button.

<button value="submit" type="submit" </button>

I hope that helps ^^

3 Likes

I was having issues with inputting the code in full length. Here is what worked for me.

In the opening button value you have to specify value and type, then between button values put Submit to name the button on screen, then finally close the button.

Here is the solution
Submit

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.