CDN link ?what is it?

Or you can use this CDN link to run the tests in any environment you like: https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js

hey guys

so I completed the first web design project in visual studio and it says in the project instruction to do what I pasted up at the top of my post: :point_up_2:

I would appreciate it if someone explained what CDN link is and how do I use the link above :smiley:

This is a link to the FCC test suite so you can run the tests on your project to make sure you have passed them all. You just need to add it to your project like you would add any other JS file. Generally you would do that with a <script> tag, most likely right before the closing </body> tag.

Hereโ€™s a link on what a CDN is.

3 Likes

Hi @ArtShore !

Here is the code for adding the script tag.

<body>

<h1>Test tribute page</h1>

<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>
</body>

You should see this in your browser. Make sure to select the correct project.

Click run tests and make sure everything is passing.

If a test fails click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill youโ€™ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you donโ€™t understand.

1 Like

Ok it worked but now how do i get a url for my tribute page so i can put it in ??
i mean i know you have to pay for domains and set up a website, i just mean is there any free way to upload just one page so i can put in the link to pass the test :)))

thanks it would help me so much if you also answered this question if you got the time

You have a few options.

You can copy all of the code and put it into codepen and submit the codepen link.

If you feel comfortable with git and github you can create a github pages site and submit that.

These are all free options by the way

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.