Celestial Bodies Database - Build a Celestial Bodies Database

psql error: connection to server on socket failed
I completed the project and saved the universe.sql in my github repository. I tried to submit the project on freecodecamp but it gives me a message - You must complete the project first.
When I click on Start a project and digit psql --username=freecodecamp --dbname=postgres in bash it gives me an error message - PSQL:ERROR: connection to server on socket “/var/run/postgres.sql/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory.
Is the sever running locally and accepting connections on that socket?

Can someone help me with that? Thanks

https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/relational-database/build-a-celestial-bodies-database-project/build-a-celestial-bodies-database

solution: sql_sample/universe.sql at main · bospink/sql_sample · GitHub

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/111.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Celestial Bodies Database - Build a Celestial Bodies Database

Link to the challenge:

I am having the same issue. I have moved on the to Bash section of the course without submitting the Celestial Bodies currently because of the same exact behavior you are describing.

Yeah i haven’t gotten anything to complete in the last few days it was working perfectly a few days ago. I think that some days the vs works better then others.

I had this same issue for a different section and tried the commands suggested here in the terminal; this didn’t work for me, I had an issue at step 3 of restarting postgresql. I had to delete the CodeAlly container, I was able to connect to the postgres after doing this. I think it will delete all your progress on the project, but if you save the files you worked with (and have a .sql file for your database) to your computer or github you should be able to add them to the project.