Change font size of an element test

can someone please shed some light on this test? i am stuck with two X’s. One is making sure my P elements have closing tags and the other is my p elements containing kitty ipsum text.

mmm, would you please explain a little bit more? I don’t know for example which part of the text needs a different font-size, is this text part of an exercise?

I just figured out part of it. The only X I have left is: make sure each of your p elements has a closing tag.

.red-text { color: red; } p { font-size: 16px; }

CatPhotoApp

Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.

purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, she everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fun catnip scratched.

I think that you should check if in the html everything is closed, for example, if you have a <p> tag it should be a </p> tag at the end of the text that you want to change the size or color.

That didn’t seem to work. I thought it was meaning end it with --> but that didn’t work either.

would you provide a link to the full exercise, I’m a bit lost about what should be done.

ok, so here’s what I have done:

.red-text { color: red; } p{ font-size: 16px; }

<h2 class="red-text">CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p class="red-text">Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>

<p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched. Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>

One is making sure my P elements have closing tags…

Are you sure that you have closed all tags? Did you add enough space between anchors?
You can use: CSS Formatter

and the other is my p elements containing kitty ipsum text.

Well, it’s weird and well-know problem. Please get < /p> text from my answer below. I works:

<style>
.red-text {
  color: red;
}

p { font-size: 16px;

}
</style>

<h2 class="red-text">CatPhotoApp</h2>
<p class="red-text">Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched**.</p>
<p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>

If you still feel stuck please check this topic for more clues: freeCodeCamp Challenge Guide: Change the Font Size of an Element - #3 by ramsibus

Everything worked except now I’m getting an error on the font size which i didnt have before.

nevermind I got it thank you that was a nightmare. Still don’t fully understand how that worked but thanks anyway.

Thank you, but why there is not a period in front of ‘p’ ?

I get an error for -> Between the style tags, give the p elements font-size of 16px. Browser and Text zoom should be at 100%.

My code :point_down: any mistakes in it? I’m stuck here .

.red-text { color: red; } p { font-size:16px; }

CatPhotoApp

Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, she everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.

purr jump eat grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.

I am having the problem to resolve the last point in this task, my text size and zoom are both on 100 %, but showing the same error. Is there anyone to help me out ??