Check if an object has a property - Need Help

Tell us what’s happening:
i chose the for…in statement cause it’s supposed to iterate over all enumerable properties of an object that are keyed by strings and i thought it was suitable for this challenge but apparently my code isn’t working. can someone help me find out whats wrong ?

Your code so far

let users = {
Alan: {
  online: true
},
Jeff: {
},
Sarah: {
},
Ryan: {
}
};

function isEveryoneHere(obj) {
// Only change code below this line
for(const val in obj){
  if(`${val}` in obj === true){
  console.log(`${val}`);
    return true;
  }
  return false;
}
// Only change code above this line
}

console.log(isEveryoneHere(users));

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/79.0.3945.88 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Check if an Object has a Property

Link to the challenge:
https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/basic-data-structures/check-if-an-object-has-a-property

changed my code a bit but still not working

for(const val in users){
    if(users.hasOwnProperty(val) === true){
      return true;
    }
    return false;
  }

and these are the requirements that i can’t pass :

• The function isEveryoneHere should return false if Alan is not a property on the users object
  • The function isEveryoneHere should return false if Jeff is not a property on the users object
  • The function isEveryoneHere should return false if Sarah is not a property on the users object
  • The function isEveryoneHere should return false if Ryan is not a property on the users object

I solved it! i was failing cause i was checking the keys one by one but the challenge needed me to check all four keys at the the same time and return true if they are all there and false otherwise

Well done, I was just about to say your function was exiting at the return statement because its specified condition was true.