Code is correct

Tell us what’s happening:

The Code is perfect, please fix the lesson as there must be a mistake.

**Your code so far**

<style>
div {
  width: 70%;
  height: 100px;
  margin: 50px auto;
}
#top {
  background-color: red;
  transform: skewy(-10deg);
}
#bottom {
  background-color: blue;
  transform: skewX(24deg);
}
</style>

<div id="top"></div>
<div id="bottom"></div>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.146 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Use the CSS Transform Property skewY to Skew an Element Along the Y-Axis

Link to the challenge:

You have a typo in this line which is causing your tests to fail.

1 Like

For future reference, I would not open with this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t understand. Where is this typo?

transform: skewy(-10deg);

Sorry, but at this point the video, the hints and everything else points to my code being right. tried it ten times and its a bit frustrating.

Look very closely at the skew**X** function used in #bottom. Now compare that to your skew**y** function. Asterisks added for emphasis.

Note: Most programming languages are case sensitive.

4 Likes

wow, this is the first lesson which has failed due to caps…hm. others ive been able to work out but not this one. Cheers BBsmooth, i really could have sworn there was something wrong with the software in the background ha. thanks!

got it, BBsmooth helped me catch it

I believe that technically, CSS property names aren’t case sensitive, so you could use either:

transform: skewY(-10deg);

or

TRANSFORM: skewY(-10deg);

But skewY isn’t a CSS property, it’s a CSS function and those are case sensitive.

P.S. In the “real world” nobody uses uppercase for CSS property names and you would probably get looked at weird if you did :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes, it was literally driving me insane. spent ten minutes trying to find on barely a line of code. Thought maybe id gone insane. its probably obvious to you im still in the beginning stages of these lessons but either way, Thanks again BBsmooth. I will definitely not open with that line again haha!