Comment out HTML don’t see the mistake

Am embarrassingly stuck on something so simple. After running tests, the computer says paragraph is not commented out.

Your code so far

<!-—
<h1>Hello World</h1>
-—>

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<!-—
<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
-—>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 12_3_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) FxiOS/17.3b15323 Mobile/15E148 Safari/605.1.15.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/comment-out-html/

For some reason you are using a long dash and a short dash instead of 2 short dashes to make the “tails” of the arrows that comment out the code. Next time make sure you write the code yourself, not try and copy paste :stuck_out_tongue: <!-- Good luck! →

1 Like

Hmm, could it be that you’re using a character that looks similar to a dash character (but actually isn’t)?
I get the following <!-— and -—> when I copy your comments. It should be <!-- and -->. The difference is subtle but it’s there.

Try copy pasting these and wrap them around your <h1> and <p> tags:

• Opening: <!--
  • Closing: -->

I hope it helps :+1:!

I’m guessing that you are using an Apple device. You will need to go into your settings and turn off a feature called something like “smart punctuation”.

That was it. Thanks so much!

I’m glad I could help. Happy coding!