Connecting back- and frontend / adding things to a list via js

I want to create a simle online todo list where I can fill in 2 fields for example “date” and “task” hit submit and then add it to a list. Here’s a quick mockup:

“date” = __________
“task” = __________

|submit|

date: 16/07/2018 task: do laundry

date: 15/07/2018 task: go shopping

date: 15/07/2018 task: work out

The question I have is what I will have to learn for this project. I think I need mongoDB/mongoose to create a database and store all of my list items and nodeJS for the backend, are there any more I need to know?
I can create a backend app that has pretty much the right functionality but I can only interact with it (add/delete list items) via my console and only store it in a json file, and I can create a front end app that looks right. How can I connect the two and create

1. clickable buttons to remove a list item,
  2. a text field that will add an object with a date and a name to my json file
  3. a way to convert every object in my json file into its own todo list item with border and style etc.

I dont really need specific answers just a few keywords I can look up that I will need tto use for my project.
thanks in advance

Depends, if you are doing it for study purpose, so good, but if you think to provide it as product, I believe you should do some more thing like security, privacy ,… too

As mr Dawson mentioned, you may take some help of files instead of a database. And a quick note you may consider

Please note if user could send you a content that comes with the delimiter you use(here like pipeline suggested), so it could make some problems fo you if you just take results and save them as they are. please considering file encoding, maybe base64, or escape special chars you use for delimiter.

Yes indeed, not sure how does node js mongodb wrapper works, but considering SQL-injectino too.

Also remember to validate data on server all the time, this is very easy to fool the client to send a invalid data to your server. Always remember, if you can hack your system, so everybody can too.

Happy coding.