Corresponding labels that describe the purpose of each field

I am completing my survey form for the responsive web design certification and here is the userstory I am having trouble with, it is number 10: For the name, email, and number input fields inside the form I can see corresponding labels that describe the purpose of each field with the following ids: id=“name-label”, id=“email-label”, and id=“number-label”.

My problem is that I had thought I had done it right when I was told I have not, which in itself is fine , however I have rewrote all three of the sections and still can not figure it out. I have also looked through many threads of people who have had the same problem and I still cannot figure it out. After an hour and a half of trying
I figured I should ask for another set of eyes to try and find where I messed up

MY CODE: https://codepen.io/ambereliza/pen/RwZENZd

Link to the challenge:

Let’s start with the first error:

For the name, email, and number input fields inside the form I can see corresponding labels that describe the purpose of each field with the following ids: id="name-label", id="email-label", and id="number-label".

#name-label is not defined : expected null to not equal null

The second part of the error message is telling you exactly where the problem is. If you look at the name label in your dev tools inspector I think you’ll see something interesting with the id attribute. You are using fancy double quotes in the HTML instead of regular ascii double quotes.

1 Like

Thank you so so much!!

Hey, I wish I had a second pair of eyes all the time :slight_smile:

loll same especially with ADHD

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.