CSS colours Step 49

Hi all! hope you all cracking on with coding!

I am stuck on css colors step 49.

It asking to change from background-colour to background with Rgb values. I have done that and still not letting me pass.

"

Step 49

You’ve learned a few ways to set flat colors in CSS, but you can also use a color transition, or gradient, on an element.

A gradient is when one color transitions into another. The CSS linear-gradient function lets you control the direction of the transition along a line, and which colors are used.

One thing to remember is that the linear-gradient function actually creates an image element, and is usually paired with the background property which can accept an image as a value.

In the .red CSS rule, change the background-color property to background .

.red {
background:rgb(255, 0, 0);"

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

make sure for each open curly bracket u have… add a closing one (they goes in pairs)

I have the same problem, the curly bracket solution doesn’t apply in my case.

Hi, please turn off any browser extensions, or change to a different browser.

Sometimes certain browsers and extensions can make correct code not pass. Your code itself is correct.

1 Like

Thanks ,that worked!
I have another issue now. With building web form step 17, I have tried all the tips above, tried all browser and turn extensions off… still the same…

Step 17
The first input element with a type of submit is automatically set to submit its nearest parent form element.

To handle the form submission, after the last fieldset element add an input element with the type attribute set to submit and the value attribute set to Submit.

<fieldset>
    <label>Enter Your First Name: <input type="text" /></label>
    <label>Enter Your Last Name: <input type="text" /></label>
    <label>Enter Your Email: <input type="email" /></label>
    <label>Create a New Password: <input type="password" /><label>
  </fieldset>
  <fieldset></fieldset>
  <fieldset></fieldset>
   <input type="Submit">
</form>

Enter Your First Name: Enter Your Last Name: Enter Your Email: Create a New Password:

Hi, I’m having the same issue but I don’t having any extensions running, yet it’s still not working. Any advice?

.red {
background-color: rgb(255, 0, 0);background:rgb(255,0,0);
}

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.