Data Analysis with Python Projects - Mean-Variance-Standard Deviation Calculator

Tell us what’s happening:

i am not able to understand the error on replit.
I don’t know if it’s anything with my code or is it pointing to some other error.
its displaying a backend error on the locked poetry package file.

Your code so far

this is the link for my project. Please help out if you can because I am unable to think of any way to correct this.

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/120.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge Information:

Data Analysis with Python Projects - Mean-Variance-Standard Deviation Calculator

In the Files menu to the side, show hidden files and then delete poetry.lock, pyproject.toml and replit.nix.

Thanks but that didn’t help.
But now I am facing this error - " self.assertDictEqual(actual, expected, “Expected different output when calling ‘calculate()’ with ‘[9,1,5,3,3,3,2,9,0]’”)
AssertionError: {'mea[432 chars] 9], <built-in method max of numpy.ndarray obj[215 chars]90>]} != {'mea[432 chars] 9], 9], ‘min’: [[2, 1, 0], [1, 3, 0], 0], 'su[30 chars] 35]}
Diff is 1065 characters long. Set self.maxDiff to None to see it. : Expected different output when calling ‘calculate()’ with ‘[9,1,5,3,3,3,2,9,0]’
"
What to do?
I did what the AI on replit recommended but its still showing this error.

here’s the new link - boilerplate-mean-variance-standard-deviation-calculator (1) - Replit

It did help, that’s a different error haha

Let’s look.

“Expected different output when calling ‘calculate()’ with ‘[9,1,5,3,3,3,2,9,0]’”

So here you can see the test data. Your output does not match what the test expects.

{'mea[432 chars] 9], <built-in method max of numpy.ndarray obj[215 chars]90>]} != {'mea[432 chars] 9], 9], ‘min’: [[2, 1, 0], [1, 3, 0], 0], 'su[30 chars] 35]}

Your output is first:
{'mea[432 chars] 9], <built-in method max of numpy.ndarray obj[215 chars]90>]}
Expected output:
{'mea[432 chars] 9], 9], ‘min’: [[2, 1, 0], [1, 3, 0], 0], 'su[30 chars] 35]}

Ok, I just ran your replit and it’s passing. You’re good? Do you have any other questions?

Ran 3 tests in 0.001s

OK
1 Like

For future reference:

An assertion error gives you a lot of information to track down a problem. For example:

AssertionError: 'Year' != 'Years'
- Year
+ Years
?     +

Your output comes first, and the output that the test expects is second.

AssertionError: ‘Year’ != ‘Years’

Your output: Year does not equal what’s expected: Years

- Year
+ Years
?     +

- Dash indicates the incorrect output
+ Plus shows what it should be
? The Question mark line indicates the place of the character that’s different between the two lines. Here a + is placed under the missing s .

Here’s another example:

E       AssertionError: Expected different output when calling "arithmetic_arranger()" with ["3801 - 2", "123 + 49"]
E       assert '  3801      123    \n   - 2     + 49    \n------    -----    \n' == '  3801      123\n-    2    +  49\n------    -----'
E         -   3801      123
E         +   3801      123    
E         ?                ++++
E         - -    2    +  49
E         +    - 2     + 49    
E         - ------    -----
E         + ------    -----    
E         ?                +++++

The first line is long, and it helps to view it as 2 lines in fixed width characters, so you can compare it character by character:

'  3801      123    \n   - 2     + 49    \n------    -----    \n'
'  3801      123\n-    2    +  49\n------    -----'

Again, your output is first and the expected output is second. Here it’s easy to see extra spaces or \n characters.

E         -   3801      123
E         +   3801      123    
E         ?                ++++

Here the ? line indicates 4 extra spaces at the end of a line using four + symbols. Spaces are a little difficult to see this way, so it’s useful to use both formats together.

I hope this helps interpret your error!

1 Like

No , thank you for your help.
I am facing trouble with another project now .
There are no errors but the file on replit keeps running

Here’s my link : boilerplate-page-view-time-series-visualizer - Replit

Have a look if you can, it’ll be a big help!

Are you still having a problem? When I fork it and run it, the tests pass.

If you still have a problem please open a new topic

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge and need some help, click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge (it looks like a question mark). This button only appears if you have tried to submit an answer at least three times.

The Ask for Help button will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.