Data Analysis with Python Projects - Medical Data Visualizer_ Problems to run code

Hello,

I have to ask for your help because I am frustrated now.

I am doing the Medical Data Visualizer and trying to run the solution, but it is failing constantly in the checking stage.
This is the failing line:
counta=df_cat.value_counts([‘cardio’,‘varios’,‘value’]) (using value counts with those three values I get the total amount per situation)

I use “value_counts” method to sum calculate the total amount and for some reason, I keep having the error ‘DataFrame’ object has no attribute ‘value_counts’"
But what is frustrating is that I have tested this code on Visual Studio and Jupyter Notebook and it works!

Could it be a problem with the interpreter? Could be something else?

Kind regards and thank you in advance.

German Linares

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/104.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Data Analysis with Python Projects - Medical Data Visualizer

Link to the challenge:

We really need to see all of the code to understand what is happening. Can you post the link to your Replit?

Thank you

Here is the link:

boilerplate-medical-data-visualizer - Python Repl - Replit

It is very strange because I tested it in Visual Studio and Jupyter Notebook and it works. I did the testing there before copying it to Replit.

Kind regards,

German

There was a similar post recently and you have the same problem with your dependencies. This error is due to numpy not being installed. It works locally presumably because you have numpy installed locally. The solution is the same; set your python version to 3.8 or better (on repl.it) and use the packager tool to uninstall everything except seaborn, which will pull everything else in as dependencies.

Once you get numpy, you still have several other issues with the code to fix it appears.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I checked from Replit console:

python --version
Python 3.8.12

I also tried to install numpy and it is installed already (in fact I have used it)

I have to read what you mean about dependencies.

Once I fixed this and I am able to run the code, I will be able to detect differences with the expected code and fix them.

Again, thank you very much and kind regards,

German

Quick update:
I have uninstalled numpy and resinstalled it again (version upgrade from 1.17 to 1.23) but it still does not work.

Also I read an error message before which I had not noticed before (it was running some poetry file)
"–> python3 -m poetry add numpy
Using version ^1.23.2 for numpy

Updating dependencies
Resolving dependencies…

SolverProblemError

The current project’s Python requirement (>=3.7,<4.0) is not compatible with some of the required packages Python requirement:
- numpy requires Python >=3.8, so it will not be satisfied for Python >=3.7,<3.8

Because no versions of numpy match >1.23.2,<2.0.0
and numpy (1.23.2) requires Python >=3.8, numpy is forbidden.
So, because root depends on numpy (^1.23.2), version solving failed."

I don’t understand what this really means as the console is telling me the Python version is: 3.8.12, not 3.7

Kind regards,

The python version I’m referring to is in the poetry configuration (pyproject.toml) and is independent of the actual interpreter version during poetry’s solving phase where it’s just checking dependencies.

Yesterday I forked your project, made the changes to pyproject.toml indicated and uninstalled all the packages via repl.it’s packaging system (it’s a poetry front-end anyway; it’s the cube icon, third from the top on the left side menu on repl.it). Then I ran the project and repl.it ran poetry first and installed everything as it should be. The pyproject.toml file:

[tool]
[tool.poetry]
authors = ["Your Name <you@example.com>"]
name = "root"
version = "0.0.0"
description = ""

[tool.poetry.dependencies]
python = "^3.8"
seaborn = "*"
numpy = "^1.23.2"

The package menu shows seaborn 0.11.2 and numpy 1.23.2 installed. I believe you can remove the numpy line and numpy package as it should pull in as a seaborn dependency.

This allows me to run your code without the numpy error from earlier. You may have to remove all the packages and fix your pyproject.toml file to get a clean slate before it works. When I forked, there were multiple versions of several packages that appeared to be installed.

Thank you… It works. Thank you for explaining this as I was completely lost with this.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.