Destructuring Assignment to Assign Variables from Objects

Am failing one test case. And am not sure if am going about this challenge the right way. Any help is much apprecitaed.
Failed test: “destructuring with reassignment was used”

Your code so far

function getLength(str) {
  "use strict";

// change code below this line
  const length = {x: str.length;} // change this
  // change code above this line
  const{x:len}=length;
  return len; // you must assign length to len in line

}

console.log(getLength('FreeCodeCamp'));

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.99 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/es6/use-destructuring-assignment-to-assign-variables-from-objects

Usually the solutions are not that hard what you might think :slightly_smiling_face:
Remember, that a string is an object, and as such it has some properties, length being one of them.
So all you need to do is to access them. Your thinking is in the right direction but think again of destructuring. When you declare a new variable, you want to assign the value of a property or a method of the object to your defined variable. In pseudo-code it would read like this
Let the value of property/method be assigned to myVariable when that property is stored inside the object.
I really hope that’ll help. It’s a one line of code actually excluding return. Let me know, bro :slight_smile:

Thank you, for making the concept clearer.
I changed my code. It still fails the same test case.

function getLength(str) {
  "use strict";

// change code below this line
  const {length:length}=str; // change this
  // change code above this line

return length; // you must assign length to len in line

}

console.log(getLength('FreeCodeCamp'));

I’ve got it, thanks.
Just needed to change one variable.

const {length:len}=str;