Django pagination resets

I am building an application that lists certain records from a database. The database is quite large and I am building a pagination to show a specific number of rows. Currently I have set a default value for the paginate_by. Here is the class that I am using.

class HomePageView(ListView):
    model = Syslog
    template_name = 'home.html'
    context_object_name = 'all_logs';
    paginate_by = 10

def get_paginate_by(self, queryset):
        return self.request.GET.get("paginate_by", self.paginate_by)
I have implemented and a feature that allows clients to change the pagination levels like so:

<form action="" method="get">
    <select name="paginate_by" onchange='this.form.submit()'>
        <option>1</option>
        <option>2</option>
        <option>3</option>
        <option>4</option>
    </select>
</form>

I am building an application that lists certain records from a database. The database is quite large and I am building a pagination to show a specific number of rows. Currently I have set a default value for the paginate_by. Here is the class that I am using.

class HomePageView(ListView):
    model = Syslog
    template_name = 'home.html'
    context_object_name = 'all_logs';
    paginate_by = 10

def get_paginate_by(self, queryset):
        return self.request.GET.get("paginate_by", self.paginate_by)
I have implemented and a feature that allows clients to change the pagination levels like so:

<form action="" method="get">
    <select name="paginate_by" onchange='this.form.submit()'>
        <option>1</option>
        <option>2</option>
        <option>3</option>
        <option>4</option>
    </select>
</form>

When the home page is loaded with the default value the number of pages show correctly. When a user submit another paginate_by value the number of pages change accordingly. The problem is that when the pagination parameter is changed and a user click on let's say 2nd page the paginate_by resets to the default.