Entry Level - Internships

I am a third year software engineering student and am required to have 30 days of professional practice to get my Bachelors degree. It is very difficult to find internships and entry level jobs in my country, so I am trying to find some online variants.

Are there any sources where I can search for online internships? So far I have been using LinkedIn and Indeed, but the first only recommends me senior positions and the second seems to be mainly focused on the US. Another problem is that most internships happen in the summer, but I need to get the practice done before the end of the academic year, which is in the first week of June.

If your university requires professional practice, then it should provide resources for applying for internships with local companies. I know from experience that some universities are bad about offering this support. At the very least, they should be able to provide a list of businesses that offered internships to people who previously took your course and then you could apply directly to the companies.

They organized a career fair last year but only like 2 people managed to benefit from it. Most of the companies that showed up didn’t even end up hiring.

do you have any projects to showcase on GitHub ?

Which technology are you most comfortable & confident with ?

1 Like

This is my github profile: yourboyangel (Engjëll Abazaj) · GitHub
I can say that I am comfortable with Java and PHP, and currently I am trying to learn more about web development. I am almost done with the Responsive Web Design Certification here in freecodecamp. I intend to gradually become a master in the MERN stack. I know I am a bit behind, considering the fact that I am a third year student but this is the best I could do because of some personal problems I have had during my University years.

1 Like

Few suggestions

1. Make a team of dedicated and sincere students from your class. Start building together, just like real world project

2. Do coding every day minimum 15 minutes ? I should be possible right ?( I don’t see commits on your GH profile for last few months )

3. Git commits are like heartbeats, it must go on each day

4. Look into job sites in your country and apply in all the companies, get connected with founders over linkedin ( maintain a spreadsheet for this activity )

5. “…because of some personal problems I have had during my…” they will be there till we’re alive, I highly recommend book “How to Stop Worrying and Start Living: Time-Tested Methods for Conquering Worry”

This is THE bible which every human should read and follow, found this book during my 40s ( sigh )

All the very best

Thank you so much for the advice!

1 Like