Error ASP.NET when host online

I recently uploaded my asp.net on my hosting (hostforlife.eu) and this is my new project. I receive this error message:

network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

Source Error:

Line 16: HyperLink3.Visible = True
Line 17: End If
Line 18: If User.IsInRole(“Administrator”) = True Then
Line 19: HyperLink4.Visible = True
Line 20: End If

How to fix this issue? Please advise. Thank you

The message means you can’t connect to your database server. Where is that hosted would be the first place I would look.

Hello,

Maybe this is old post but this reply can halp the other members regarding “QL Network Interfaces, error: 26”.

You will get this error message while trying to connect to a SQL Server named instance and not when you use default instance. The client stack could not receive SSRP response UDP packet from SQL Browser.

How can you solve this:

1. Recheck the server name for any error and fix it
  2. Check the instance name for any error
  3. Check if SQL Server browser is running
  4. Control if this instance exist on server
  5. Ping the server and check if DNS can be resolved correctly

I found this post helpful and the explained above checks step by step on the following article: https://www.get-itsolutions.com/sql-server-error-26-sql-error-40-fix/

thnx

It might be the issue of permissions for the directory/files for your application.

Make sure you have given the full permission to the users types that will be accessing the application.

For adding/editing permissions, you can navigate to the concerned folder and right click on it, selec properties and then go to security tab wherein you can edit the permissions of existing users as well as add new users with specific permissions.

Also, if you have your application hosted on IIS, there is also an option for changing permissions which will again, open the folder for you and you will have to follow the same steps as mentioned above.

Hope this helps.