Feedback for my survey-form

thx for the feedback in advance.

https://codepen.io/claudio_jesus/full/qBRvpBQ

Your form looks good @dejesus. Some things to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>)
    • The test script, with all tests passing, should be included when you submit your projects.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • User’s should not have to delete text in the comment area when typing in their comments.
  • On a side note, placeholder text should show the format the user is expected to enter. It should not mirror the label.

@Roma thx for your feedback. I’ve corrected all the errors.

Also, i didn’t know that br shouldn’t be used for this. Made me learn something new.

Looks good @dejesus. A couple of things to revisit;

• There are still <br> elements used to break lines. Instead of using <br> elements to have each inline element on a new line, use or set container elements to be block-level elements so they’ll each take up the full width.
  • I missed this when I initially looked at your code. Do not use view port units for font sizes. The user should always be in control of the text size on the page (that is, they should be able to manually increase the text size). Using view port units prevents them from doing this. Your job as a developer is to make sure your page is responsive to text size increases. If you don’t know how to manually increase the text size, using Firefox, go to the ‘View->Zoom’ menu and activate ‘Zoom Text Only’. Then while holding down the Ctrl key scroll your middle mouse button to increase the text size. If font-sizes are defined with vw units the only way a user can increase the text size is to widen the browser window. What if the user has really bad eyesight and can’t make the browser window wide enough?
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.