Feedback on Survey Form Style & Syntax

Hello,

I just completed the “Survey Form” project and did my best to add CSS styling. I’m looking for feedback on what I did. Any tips about bettering the style, what code/scripting I used, or pointing out odd/clunky methods are appreciated! I’m new to all of this so any comments are welcome.

Thank you,

E

Welcome to the forums @MoxElliot. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
      Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
    Reference MDN Docs
  • Change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the submit button
  • Make your page responsive. Remember, the R in RWD stands for Responsive
    There’s a horizontal scrollbar on smaller screens.

Thanks for the reply!

It took me a while, but I think I resolved most of the points you made.

I’ll have to work on RWD and a good way to test it, but the rest should be good.

Again, I appreciate the response!

Good job cleaning things up.

The easiest way to check is to click on the right edge of your browser and slide it all the way to the left as far as it will go. That will simulate a smaller view port.

Something to help with responsiveness
Do not use fixed dimensions on elements, use max-width/height and relative units like %, em, rem and vw to keep everything responsive.
and for later projects in addition to the above,
Start by styling for a narrow view port first. Narrow your browser as far as it will go and style the page so it looks good at that narrow width. Then gradually widen your browser and use CSS media query break points to adjust the style for wider view ports if needed.