Feedback on tribute-page needed please

Any feedback, good or bad will be appreciated.
https://codepen.io/Mahdee15/full/vYXpjGJ

1 Like

Hey @mahdee!

I think your page looks good!
There are some things you need to change.

<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>
  • Decrease the size of the image alt text and turn it in to grey color.

That’s my feedback.

Thanks and Happy Coding!

1 Like

Your page looks good @mahdee. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • Mentioning because you have elements out of order. You can review this for an understanding of the HTML boilerplate tags.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s).
    • (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.
2 Likes

Thanks for your review. Once I get the certificate, I’ll learn from the basics again. I actually copied most of the code from the example given

I thought that you did even though you messed it up. You’re cheating yourself.

Make the project from scratch, with your own code, style and content. Don’t take code from the sample project.

• The projects aren’t just another challenge. Each one is meant to be a significant step in your progress. Every project you do will require research, planning, trial and error, and strengthening your skills beyond what you gain from the incremental challenges.
2 Likes

Ok, I’ve deleted it. I’ll start off from the basics again