File Metadata Project with testable user stories - Guinea Pigs needed 🐹

File Metadata Project with testable user stories - Guinea Pigs needed 🐹
0.0 0

#1

As you may have heard, @em-ant, @Greenheart, and @systimotic have been hard at work building projects with testable user stories. We are looking for a few volunteers to attempt to build these based on their automated tests.

The goal is for campers to be able to build these projects step by step following user stories. This will make the projects less intimidating and more fun. Oh, and don’t worry - we’ll still have plenty of optional projects where we don’t provide you with any tests. And if you’ve previously built these projects, you don’t need to build them again.

If you’re interested in attempting this, please reply to the thread and let us know you’ve started it. The more people who want to build this, the better, as we can start gathering feedback.

Thanks, and happy coding!

The project tester (enter the public HyperDev URL for your project and set it to MS5 file metadata): https://narrow-plane.hyperdev.space/

Working example: https://purple-paladin.hyperdev.space/

Boilerplate to remix: https://hyperdev.com/#!/project/roasted-season


#2

I just built this. Not sure if the html should be fully included. Now, you only have to replace the /hello route with the /api/fileanalyse (3 lines) and include multer (2 lines). So it took only a quarter.

But the tests seem to work correctly.

Code: https://hyperdev.com/#!/project/quixotic-van
URL to test: https://quixotic-van.hyperdev.space/


#3

Today I built the File Metadata Microservice from scratch for the “original” API-Project.

Github: https://github.com/SehrOne/file-metadata-microservice
Heroku: https://mysterious-forest-70635.herokuapp.com

The only changes I needed to make to pass the tests:

  • Change the route to /api/fileanalyse
  • Add the cors-module

#4

I built this a while back, but it only required minimal changes to make work with the tests. Had to add cors, change my routes to match what is expected, and add name and type fields, since these weren’t included in the original challenge.

Code : https://gomix.com/#!/project/feather-dream