Finished my first ever project, a tribute page! Any ideas on how to improve?

https://codepen.io/aitanarus/full/rNMQGQZ

Check the page and let me know any ideas you have to improve it :slight_smile:
Also I don’t know why the links to the RRSS don’t work…Do I need any permit or something?
I am really proud of it, after 10 days learning HTML and CSS with 0 prior experience, I was able to do this in about 4 hours. It is crazy.

Thanks for your time!!

Hey, your Tribute page looks good and there are no technical issues i could point out.
To slightly improve appearance you could put some extra space between the link icons on the bottom and maybe use different font color for headings, but its more a personal preference

Welcome to the forums @aitanarus. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There is an HTML coding error you should be aware of and address. (An obsolete element)
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s).
    • (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
    • página de Wikipedia” is not accessible

Maybe it’s google translate but when your page is translated all references to AOC use “he / him” rather than “she / her” .

Hey, thanks for the advice! I

Thanks for taking the time to look at my work!!
I made the changes and also decided to re-write the website to english since most of the people who will access it are english speakers.
Hopefully it will be better now.

Translation looks good @aitanarus.

I’m still seeing the issues with HTML (obsolete element) and CSS (duplicate selector). Did you use the validators as suggested?

I forgot to save it :sweat_smile:. Now it’s done. Thanks

Nice job cleaning things up @aitanarus.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.