freeCodeCamp Challenge Guide: Make Dead Links using the Hash Symbol

freeCodeCamp Challenge Guide: Make Dead Links using the Hash Symbol

Replace your a element’s href attribute with a #, also known as a hash symbol, to turn it into a dead link. Sometimes you want to add a elements to your website before you know where they will link.

This is also handy when you’re changing the behavior of a link using jQuery, which we’ll learn about later.

didn’t get the answer please suggest

Don’t replace “href” with “#”, replace the actual link with “#”. That’s what it means by replace the value of href attribute

i replaced actual link with a “#” and it wont let me continue

Click here for cat photos.

How to pass it?I also changed the actual value of a tag’s href attribute,but it didn’t work.

href ="#" not just #

I did exactly like that but it is not working.Please help :confused:

Finally, an answer along with an explanation providing some clarification. Thanks for the extra effort! Much appreciated.

I’ve seen the hash tag used before in R and was getting frustrated after planting it all over the place without success. I really hate the “hint” button. If I don’t get the answer immediately I will try to suss it out on my own. If I have to resort to getting help I feel I’ve already spent enough time on it. If its a matter of syntax or a typo its usually a waste of time guessing where the error lies. Unlike the majority I dont have the luxury of time on my side.

I’m not a coder - I’m a 73 yr old with poor eyesight who used to write database code for my own business back in the days when 20 megabytes was considered a state of the art hard drive, graphics hadn’t taken over the world yet and Bill Gates hadn’t deconstructed competitors database engines and stolen their code for MS Office. I wrote a complete suite of software and after ten years with hundreds of accounts and thousands of parts in inventory still had 10 megs of storage free.

Think I spent three days in a course in R at Johns Hopkins last year trying to figure out why my code wouldn’t recognize a line of text. I had omitted a set of quotation marks. After many fruitless searches chasing other problems I finally quit in frustration. I’m building a website for seniors and trying to learn R for data analysis and microeconomics for analyzing seniors related problems in areas of ageism, generic prescription drug costs and health insurance. I’ll try to editorialize less here in the future. I noticed everyone makes an effort to keep their posts under 140 characters. Wonder why that is, lol?

I get the same error. But for solve it, I click on the menu “Map” and the select again the section, then make the corrections and it pass

In my case, writing href=# without " " solved the problem

Click here for cat photos.

The above works fine.

Here is the exact code that is correct.

Type # in place of the link and refresh the page, then submit.
This worked for me.

Hi there!

I don’t know if you guys need it but this work for me

:slightly_smiling_face:

try refresh the page. may this help you

Thank you so much for your help.

its really working?
i try it so many times but no respond