Give Links Meaning by Using Descriptive Link Text-help me , what is the problem?

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

<body>
  <header>
    <h1>Deep Thoughts with Master Camper Cat</h1>
  </header>
  <article>
    <h2>Defeating your Foe: the Red Dot is Ours!</h2>
    <p>Felines the world over have been waging war on the most persistent of foes. This red nemesis combines both cunning stealth and lightening speed. But chin up, fellow fighters, our time for victory may soon be near.Click here for <a href=""> information about batteries </a></p>
  </article>
</body>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.99 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/applied-accessibility/give-links-meaning-by-using-descriptive-link-text/

Hey mathan,
Remove the space after batteries before a tag and you should be good to go.
Hope it helps.

1 Like

thanks for your help buddy,happy coding

You put the anchor tag in the correct place but you added extra spaces around the phrase. Remove the spaces so the anchor doesn’t start or end with a space as the challenge is expecting an exact answer (and spaces confuse the challenge test)

Hi aditya. Below is my code. Please tell me what Im doing wrong ? Thx.

Felines the world over have been waging war on the most persistent of foes. This red nemesis combines both cunning stealth and lightening speed. But chin up, fellow fighters, our time for victory may soon be near. Click here for information about batteries.

we can’t see your code when you paste it in the forum without marking it as code first.
to mark it as code, paste it in between two lines that have three backticks like this
```
put your code here
```

or you can cut and paste my lines and just paste my lines and replace them with your code for convenience.

Hope this works !

<p>Felines the world over have been waging war on the most persistent of foes. This red nemesis combines both cunning stealth and lightening speed. But chin up, fellow fighters, our time for victory may soon be near. Click here for <a href="">information about batteries.</a></p>

I can’t access the curriculum right now but check if the instructions say “information about batteries” with or without a period? (you have the period dot inside the link but maybe it should be outside the link)

Omg. Thank you soo much. You are a genius. Omitting the period completely, worked. Placing the period outside the closing tag also worked and looks grammatically correct.

No idea how much time I wasted. Lol
Thx Again.:blush:

1 Like