Grid-template-columns, where did the solution come from?

For those of you who have not looked into my grid-template-column topic need to look at that first to see just how frustrating this is and it has no need to be. I still do not know the answer to this task. I dont know where they came up with the solution to this because there are digits and brackets ect in this solution that I have not seen anywhere in the whole of the tutorial of programming. Like what is a fly! and why would we do this ( ))
in an entry. I have just did a task called grid-template-columns: minmax. I found this hard to get my head around and to be honest I got very frustrated and upset with myself and cried for about an hour (Im a 50 year old man by the way). No matter how much I looked at my notes and no matter how much I went back on myself and read again even as far back as the beginning of the Grid CSS. Still couldn’t understand what the solution would be. I did post about 5 topics on the forum but not many replies. So much for Moderators and helpers. Oh yes I got help, 1 sentence hints with also shit I didn’t understand. All I asked was it to be explained to me I got so desperate I was asking for the solution so I could figure out the question and understand the task.
Then I managed to get the answer they wanted in the solution. I was even more frustrated and upset even more hating myself because where did all this come from?
Take a look at the CSS Course and scroll down to limit item size using the minmax function. But go back one and read the task and the solution to the answer. This is the repeat function. Then go forward to the task of minmax. In fact go back as far as you like, Where does it say you use the repeat function as well as the minmax.
Look at the sample and explanation of using the minmax function.
Sample:
grid-template-columns: 100px minmax(50px, 200px);
In the code above, grid-template-columns is set to create two columns; the first is 100px wide, and the second has the minimum width of 50px and the maximum width of 200px

Using the minmax function, replace the 1fr in the repeat function with a column size that has the minimum width of 90px and the maximum width of 1fr , and resize the preview panel to see the effect.

This was the solution:repeat(3,minmax(90px, 1fr));
First of all it tells you to replace the 1fr in the repeat function not add it replace it meaning take away the repeat. In the example it explains this is for 2 Columns, Yet there is no explanation of double closing brackets anywhere? no mention of being able to add the minmax to a repeat function. I am writing this topic because i am changing my course as this has me doubting myself and my ability. This whole course is pointed not at beginners but at people who have knowledge of physics as well as some programming jargon that they understand. I am far from a ideot and did study a degree at university but not anything to do with programming far from it I am a food technologist but have always had a passion for it and electronics and anything to do with the world of PC .
I was so excited when i seen the FRRCODECAMP website and the thrill of actually understanding this stuff and being able to show others. My dream is gone thanks to this.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.