Guys kinda stuck here

I am not understanding well the question

Your code so far

WARNING

The challenge seed code and/or your solution exceeded the maximum length we can port over from the challenge.

You will need to take an additional step here so the code you wrote presents in an easy to read format.

Please copy/paste all the editor code showing in the challenge from where you just linked.

Replace these two sentences with your copied code.
Please leave the ``` line above and the ``` line below,
because they allow your code to properly format in the post.

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.106 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Use the reduce Method to Analyze Data

Link to the challenge:

As far as adding the code for us to see, we don’t need the var watchList = [... stuff, just function getRating(watchList){... and after.

As to the question, is there something specific that is confusing you? Usually the more specific the question, the better answers are.

You are given a list of movies with their directors and imdb ratings.
You are asked to return the average rating of movies directed by Christopher Nolan.

What helps me in situations where I feel overwhelmed is to divide the problem into into more manageable tasks. For this specific problem you could make it as follows:
1- Find all the movies that are created by Christopher Nolan.
2- Sum all their imdb ratings.
3- Divide the result of the previous result by the number of Nolan movies.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.