<h1> Run Test Run!</h1>

Tell us what’s happening:
Hello there! It’s 2:35 a.m. in Sicily, October Eleventh
I want to let you now my browser crashed! I cannot go further on the Learn JavaScrip: introducing Else If Statement.
I think I wrote the code right but no tick shows on the objective of the exercise on the bottom left. I suppose it’s a crash from the browser, otherwise, I really can’t figure out why. Maybe something crashed on the server? I don’t know, may you give me some help please? Thanks a lot and keep going such a great job on this site!

Your code so far

function testElseIf(val) {
if (val > 10) {
  return "Greater than 10";
}

else if {(val < 5) {
  return "Smaller than 5";
}
}
else { return "Between 5 and 10";
}

testElseIf(7);

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/85.0.4183.121 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Introducing Else If Statements

Link to the challenge:

Hello!

When you’re too tired, you’re prone to make more mistakes :stuck_out_tongue:. In this case, you added an extra { before the parenthesis of the else if:

//      Here
else if {(val < 5) {

Take into account the editor warnings:

See the red warnings and the error at the bottom?:

SyntaxError: unknown: Unexpected token, expected “(” (7:10)

Anyway, hope it helps :slight_smile:,

Regards!

Thank you so much! That was arguable a series of unfortunate mistakes! I guess I missed all of them, but also my lappo wasn’t running properly as I couldn’t have seen any of the red undermarks! By the way, appreciated.
Best Regards!

1 Like

even if the red undermarks are not there, you should still see the error in the console at the bottom

1 Like