Hazards upon hazards

I’ve noticed a couple of problems in the hints to help solve this task:

At the beginning, where the problem explanation says:
“Instead, you will recieve this array:
[‘FB’, ‘Gitter’, ‘Reddit’, ‘Twitter’, ‘Medium’, ‘new tab’, ‘Netflix’, ‘YouTube’, ‘GMail’, ‘Work mail’, ‘Docs’, ‘freeCodeCamp’, ‘new tab’].”

What you actually see from running the initial code is: [‘FB’, ‘Gitter’, ‘Reddit’, ‘Twitter’, ‘Medium’, ‘new tab’, ‘Netflix’, ‘YouTube’, ‘GMail’, ‘Docs’, ‘freeCodeCamp’, ‘new tab’].

Not only is Vine missing from the array generated, but so, too, is Work Mail.

There are also inconsistencies in the part 4 of the notes, here:
“This part would close second tab (index 1) in the workWindow [‘GMail’, ‘Inbox’, ‘Work mail’, ‘Docs’, ‘freeCodeCamp’]*, which would be ‘Inbox’, and after that push a ‘new tab’ to the array, returning [‘GMail’, ‘Inbox’, ‘Work mail’, ‘Docs’, ‘freeCodeCamp’, ‘new tab’]”.

Why is ‘Inbox’ still mentioned as being in what is returned here?

Part 4 notes then go on to say that the main array “should look like this:
[‘FB’, ‘Gitter’, ‘Reddit’, ‘Twitter’, ‘Medium’, ‘new tab’, ‘Netflix’, ‘YouTube’, ‘Vine’, ‘GMail’, ‘Work mail’, ‘Docs’, ‘freeCodeCamp’, ‘new tab’] , as mentioned in the instructions”.

‘Inbox’ is at least removed here, but it goes on to say:

“If we compare the requested array and the one we recieved [sic] after running the initial code, we can see that value ‘Vine’ is omitted. Therefore, we need to see what is the cause of this.”

It makes no mention of the fact that Work Mail is also missing.

As it’s already a challenge to keep track of what is where and where it is supposed to be, I found these inconsistencies in the explanation confusing.

1 Like

would you like to propose a new text for the guild? it seems it has not been updated since last time the challenge was updated

otherwise I will make a not and do it myself when I have the time

Happy to propose the changes if it helps others to complete the lesson. I assume they would be moderated first? How/where do I submit them?

you can contribute to the guide by opening a topic in #contributors , as this is already here you could do so in this topic

OK, my proposed changes as follows, then:

Para 2 should read:
Instead, you will receive this array: [‘FB’, ‘Gitter’, ‘Reddit’, ‘Twitter’, ‘Medium’, ‘new tab’, ‘Netflix’, ‘YouTube’, ‘GMail’, ‘Docs’, ‘freeCodeCamp’, ‘new tab’].

(Note the spelling of receive has been corrected, too).

Part 4 para 1 should read:
This part would close second tab (index 1) in the workWindow [‘GMail’, ‘Inbox’, ‘Work mail’, ‘Docs’, ‘freeCodeCamp’] , which would be ‘Inbox’, and after that push a ‘new tab’ to the array, returning [‘GMail’, ‘Work mail’, ‘Docs’, ‘freeCodeCamp’, ‘new tab’] and adding it to the main array.

Part 4 para 2 should read:
If we compare the requested array and the one we received after running the initial code, we can see that values ‘Vine’ and ‘Work mail’ are omitted. Therefore, we need to see what is the cause of this.

(Spelling of received corrected again).

Best

Dan

I think I got it all updated.

Looks good now, thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.