Headless Browser Test Not Passing Despite Correct Code

In normal voice and tone I say:

I tried several things based on the browser.assert.methods examples on Zombie.js homepage and the test still did not pass, not a one.

So, then I looked at the hint and then looked at the solution. My code should have worked.

But, to be sure it wasn’t something wrong with my code, I went ahead and type the solution code in instead and it still isn’t working.

I used my url, the one in the test browser above the terminal.

Quality Assurance and Testing with Chai - Run Functional Tests using a Headless Browser | Learn | freeCodeCamp.org

Hey there,

This was partially my fault, and a fix is on the way:
fix(learn): Headless Browser Tests have incorrect values by nhcarrigan · Pull Request #40330 · freeCodeCamp/freeCodeCamp (github.com)

For now, all you can do is move on to the next section.

2 Likes

How do I go to the next section?

I thought each tutorial had to be done in order.

You can always go to freeCodecamp.org/learn and click on a section. The lessons will move you forward in order, but you can always jump directly to something.
Happy coding!

Is it okay to jump the #6 challenge, zombie related challenge, right after the one, #5, that is having the issue?

Absolutely! Nothing is tracking what order you complete challenges in. We strongly recommend that most people do things in order because they build progressively, but that’s just to make your journey a little easier. Sounds like you’ve solved this problem, so you’re ready for the next.

I went to the next 2 challenges in this tutorial, but the code isn’t passing in them either.

So I went to the Advanced Node and Express tutorial.

If possible, could someone notify me when the test are fixed so I can check to make sure I passed them and that I’m not missing anything.

I would suggest you just keep an eye out on the above linked PR. Once that is merged, then there will be a maximum (generally) of 7 days before it is in production (visible on the public webpage)

You mean this link right:

fix(learn): Headless Browser Tests have incorrect values by nhcarrigan · Pull Request #40330 · freeCodeCamp/freeCodeCamp (github.com)

PR means pull request… correct?

Yes. Correct. Once that is merged, and committed into the production-current branch of the repository, the challenges should be fixed.

1 Like