Hello all , I'm somewhat confused on this challenge. I don't understand why this isn't accepting my code can anyone help with this?

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

**Your code so far**

<style>
p {
  font-size: 20px;
}

/* Only change code below this line */
@media (max-height 800px){ 
p {
font-size: 10px;
}
}  
/* Only change code above this line */
</style>

<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vivamus quis tempus massa. Aenean erat nisl, gravida vel vestibulum cursus, interdum sit amet lectus. Sed sit amet quam nibh. Suspendisse quis tincidunt nulla. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Ut sit amet pretium nisl. Vivamus vel mi sem. Aenean sit amet consectetur sem. Suspendisse pretium, purus et gravida consequat, nunc ligula ultricies diam, at aliquet velit libero a dui.</p>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 9; SM-A102U) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/99.0.4844.88 Mobile Safari/537.36

Challenge: Create a Media Query

Link to the challenge:

Hi @solaris.x.uriah,

You have a syntax issue in your media query:

@media (max-height 800px)

Example gave by the course:

@media (min-height: 350px)

Do you see the syntax difference?

@media (min-height 801px){
p {font-size: 20px}
}
@media (max-height 800px){ p {
}
}

is this still incorrect

Yes, you are still missing something in the syntax. You have the good property and value:

@media (max-height 800px){  /* The issue is on that line */
  p {
  }

The logic is good, it is just an issue with the syntax you have. Take my previous post and compare, term by term, you just need to observe the difference.

Course example:

@media (min-height: 350px) { /* The correct syntax of that line */
   /* CSS Rules */ 
}

Here’s the issue:

@media (max-height 800px)

You should use a colon after max-height
So it would be like:

@media (max-height: 800px)

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.