Help please :Nest an Anchor Element within a Paragraph

Hi ,Hello I’m new here and it’s my first post , please any one can help me I don’t indrestand were is the problem and thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Your a element should be inside your p element.

1 Like

Hi @ranoum !

Welcome to the forum!

I think it is best to reset the lesson because there are a few errors.

The challenge wants you to use the existing anchor tag.

You haven’t touched the existing anchor tag which is currently located on line 9.
That is one you are supposed to wrap your p tags around.

Also, h2 elements do not have href values.

Once you reset the lesson only work with the existing anchor tag and nothing else.

Side note: when posting to the forum, it is always best to avoid posting screenshots and instead post your actual code and challenge link.

In the future, you can use the ask for help button.

1 Like

Hello again , thank you for your explanation but when I try again I have the same problem can you help me more because it’s my first exprience with coding and I can’t solve the problem
https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/nest-an-anchor-element-within-a-paragraph

1 Like

You need to create a p element around the a tags that are already there. Don’t alter anything else. Just add the p tags and the few words of text “view more” as the question asks.
Look at the 1st example on the top left of the screen. See how they have put the p tags on the outside of the text and a tags.It is very similar to what they are asking you to do

1 Like

It would help to see your current code.

Here is how to write code to the forum.

When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

1 Like

ok thank you very much for your explanation :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

thank you I will try to correct it

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.