Help please to pass portfolio task - viewport sizes

Tell us what’s happening:
Hi alll,

I have past all tests for the portfolio. But I am struggling with the view port sizes ones:

• The height of the welcome section should be equal to the height of the viewport.
  • The navbar should always be at the top of the viewport.

Please help :slight_smile: Apologies if my code is a mess. This was hard :’(

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.106 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Build a Personal Portfolio Webpage

Link to the challenge:

@hmaryan86, when a test fails click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.

• Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

The first failing message says

The height of the welcome section should be equal to the height of the viewport.
The height of #welcome-section is not equal to the height of the viewport : expected 736 to be close to 203 +/- 0
AssertionError: The height of #welcome-section is not equal to the height of the viewport : expected 736 to be close to 203 +/- 0

Now this may not be very descriptive so let’s take a look at the code. You have a #welcome-section and an .about. (That is id and class attributes for that section) But you’re not styling either one. You’re styling .welcome-section which is not a valid selector for your code.

I’ll let you read through the second failing message.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thank you @Roma :slight_smile: it took me a while but I have finally done it.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.