Help w/Lesson 1

Hello everyone. I’m new to FreeCodeCamp as you can tell by my lesson. I’m having issues moving on. I’ve completed the lesson as instructed but when I press the run test button, it does nothing.

The code that I am inputting is as follows: <h1>Hello World</h1>.

What am I missing?

Thanks for all the help in advance.

<h1.> Hello World < h1> with the “/” in the closing and minus the “.”

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make easier to read.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

Note: Backticks are not single quotes.

markdown_Forums

Are you by any chance using Edge, IE, or Safari as your browser? Free Code Camp has been updated to use newer technologies. It makes the application much faster and it means that we can go much longer without having to do a huge migration like the recent one. However, Edge, Internet Explorer, and Safari are very bad about choosing not to adhere to standards and support new functionality in JS and CSS. Right now, that means that these browsers exhibit lots of unexpected behavior. If you become a web developer you will come to hate these browsers with every fiber of your being.

I was using edge at that moment. I switched over to chrome and found it much easier to use. Which browsr do you find to work the best?

I think you should use chrome. Its the browser that is most compatible.
Are you still having trouble with Lesson 1?