Help! with PyGame Tutorial – How to Build an Alien Abduction game

Hey everyone! I wanted to try out the new pygame tutorial but I am having a bit of an issue. I have cloned the repo for the original code so nothing is changed, but when I try and run the game, it won’t register any keyboard inputs so it is just stuck on the first start screen. If anyone has any ideas that would be great!

I’m not exactly sure what you’re referencing. Can you provide a link to the repository in question?

This is the tutorial and the github link is at the bottom

Did you remember to install pygame before you started running the python file?

yes pygame has been installed

Did you click on the game window after you booted up the game? The cursor could still hooked up to the console when the game boots up?

yeah I have clicked on the window and it still wont react to any keyboard inputs :frowning:

You said you just started the tutorial. Can you show me the contents of “alien_game.py” in a spoiler for me?

so the contents I have are the exact same as in this one.

The thing is there has to be a faulty premise in there somewhere. Do you have all the required images? What does your console input and output look like?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.