How do I change height and width of an input field inline?

I have this code:

<label for="notes">Notes:</label>
  <input type="text" id="notes" name="notes" placeholder = "Enter any additional information"  style= 'width:300px' required> <br>

I want it to be 300px by 300px, but how do I include an inline code with the width and the height for this input field ?

Also… I want to setup the label on the upper left (your left) side of the screen next to the input field… how can you do that on the code to specify the location?

but how do I include an inline code with the width and the height for this input field ?

style="width: 300px; height: 300px;" works for me. But why do you want an input field that tall? Do you want multiline? You may want a textarea instead. Usually you mainly worry about the width, and using the size attribute might make more sense.

I want to setup the label on the upper left (your left) side of the screen next to the input field… how can you do that on the code to specify the location?

You can apply a display:block; to both the input and the label.

1 Like

Thanks… you are too awesome…

Maybe I am thinking of something else instead of an input field… I have to recheck it … I want that place to be a text box where somebody can type a message for a form.

You may be wanting a textarea.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.